Becoming a Rambler Coach
Ramblers is always in need of volunteer coaches for both our house league and competitive programs. Much of our success is because of the dedicated parents, students and family members who volunteer their time coaching our athletes. If you are interested in becoming a Ramblers house league or competitive coach please fill out the coaching application form below.
High School Student Volunteer Hours: Our house league program is an excellent place for students to get some of their volunteer hours in for school. Whether it be in coaching, scoring and timing or refereeing! We will sign off on the hours for the volunteer.
Step 1 – Click here for Coaches Application
Because we hold the safety of all children in the highest regard, all coaches have to complete a voluntary police check before participating in their first scheduled game or practice. There are a few different options on how to get this done and at a reduced volunteer cost. Please click on the link below to get details on how to get your police check done.
Step 2 – Click here for Police Check Instructions
Training Requirements for Competitive Coaches:
Coaches are required to complete 2 training steps to coach a competitive team:
- NCCP Certification – An in person 2 day weekend course at a host facility hosted by an NCCP clinician. Cost $300-$400 covered by Quest for Gold and Ramblers Basketball
- Making Ethical Decisions – Training/Evaluation course online- $85 covered by Ramblers Basketball
- NCCP Making Head Way – Concussion Education – Free Online Course – Link
- Safe Sport Training – Free Online Course – Link
National Coaching Certification – click here for Coaching Pathway details to determine the appropriate stream for you based on the stage of athlete and level of competition you wish to coach.
- U10-U12: Learn to Train
- U13+: Train to Train
- U16+: Train to Compete (Optional – Not required by Ontario Basketball for Ontario Cup)
- Once you determine the course you need to take, look for the next available clinic in your region.
- Click here for NCCP Training Overview
- Click here to register for a course on Game Plan
- Click here to get a NCCP Number
- Click here for Making Ethical Decisions Online
- Click here for Respect in Sport Training Online
Reimbursement of Training fees:
Coaches will be fully reimbursed after taking the required programming above. The following process is required:
Police checks – provide Ramblers with the original copy of the police check and a receipt of payment.
NCCP Course – provide Ramblers with receipt of payment, proof of course completion and submission to Quest for Gold
Making Ethical Decisions – provide Ramblers with receipt of payment and proof of course completion
Respect in Sport Training – provide Ramblers with receipt of payment and proof of course completion
Quest for Gold – for specific details on Quest for Gold bursary please click here
For questions regrading certification or coaching paperwork please contact Jenn Renaud – Email